DCFS 2017: 19th International Conference on Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems
VeranstaltungsortUniversità degli Studi
via Golgi 19
20133 Milano MI, Italy
Submissions concerning the descriptional complexity of formal systems and structures (and its applications) are invited for DCFS 2017. Original papers are sought in all aspects of descriptional complexity, topics include, but are not limited to:
- Automata, grammars, languages and other formal systems; various modes of operations and complexity measures.
- Succinctness of description of objects, state-explosion-like phenomena.
- Circuit complexity of Boolean functions and related measures.
- Size complexity of formal systems.
- Structural complexity of formal systems.
- Trade-offs between computational models and mode of operation.
- Applications of formal systems – for instance in software and hardware testing, in dialogue systems, in systems modeling or in modeling natural languages – and their complexity constraints.
- Co-operating formal systems.
- Size or structural complexity of formal systems for modeling natural languages.
- Complexity aspects related to the combinatorics of words.
- Descriptional complexity in resource-bounded or structure-bounded environments.
- Structural complexity as related to descriptional complexity.
- Frontiers between decidability and undecidability.
- Universality and reversibility.
- Nature-motivated (bio-inspired) architectures and unconventional models of computing.
- Blum Static (Kolmogorov/Chaitin) complexity, algorithmic information.
Organizing Committee of DCFS 2017